If someone tries to unlock your iPhone and enter the incorrect passcode too many times, then the iPhone will be disabled. An iPhone may be disabled due to some security reasons because a hacker can easily try the combination of passwords to hack the iPhone. But, it doesn’t mean that a hacker is trying to steal your password if your iPhone becomes disable. Sometimes, a child plays around the phone and gets locked out. Luckily, there are many solutions available to unlock a disabled iPhone. Here are the best possible solutions to this problem.
1. Connect the iPhone to iTunes
- First of all, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer and just open iTunes.
- Now you just have to click on the icon of your device located at the top left of the screen. This will open all kinds of information about your device on the screen.
- The first option is summary, where you will find the restore button. Just click on that.
Then, just follow the on-screen instructions to reset your iPhone. This operation will erase all the data and files from your iPhone. So, always keep a backup of all your important data and files.
- After that process, the iPhone will start just like a brand new iPhone. Just complete the setup process and start using the iPhone.
Note – If this Method doesn’t work for you, then you must try the iCloud or the Recovery Mode Method to Reset the iPhone.
2. Fix the Disabled iPhone with iCloud
- Just open your computer and visit icloud.com/find.
- After that, just log in with your apple id and password.
- Now, select the all devices option located at the top.
- Click on your device icon which is disabled.
- Now, just select the erase option and confirm the selection to erase the data.
- Enter the apple id and password to authenticate the option.
- Once the device data is swiped, your iPhone will open just like a new iPhone.
- If this method doesn’t work for you, then just try out the recovery mode method to reset the disabled iPhone.
3. Use iPhone Recovery Mode to Fix the Issue
iPhone recovery mode is a feature of apple that was added by the apple technology restore the damaged or disabled iPhone. Sometimes, the user had never synced the iPhone with the iTunes or iCloud and in that case, the iPhone recovery mode will help us to solve the issue. But, keep in mind that it will erase all your important data and files. Here are the steps you need to follow to fix the issue.
- First of all, Power off your device.
- Now, Press and Hold Home button for 3 sec and then connect your iPhone to your PC or MacBook through USB cable. When iTunes logo appears on your iPhone’s screen then release the Home button. Note that this step is for iPhone 6s, this step can be varied to different models of iPhone.
- Once your iPhone enters the recovery mode, just select the restore iPhone option. This will restore the iPhone and erase your all data and files.
- Just wait for at least 15 minutes to complete the process and once the process is complete, just restart your iPhone and follow the setup process.
That’s it! These are the best methods to unlock or recover a disabled iPhone. I hope the post will help you to unlock or reset your disabled iPhone. If the above methods won’t work for you, then you must contact the apple care center for the solution. At last, if you have any doubts or suggestions, then feel free to connect with us through the comment box.